Please do not enter our challenge using Sherri Baldy images. We do not allow these images to be used in projects by our DT for this blog so ask that you do not enter using her images. Entries that do so will be removed. Thanks.

Monday, 30 August 2010

Introducing Karen & Sue

Hi I'm Karen. I grew up in a small country town where my Mum thought that naming me Karen would be unusal and no-one else would think of it (ha).

I am a SAHM with three children, Matt 18, Meaghan, nearly 14, and Henry 7. My husband, Geoff, works in IT and is tolerant of all my hobbies (although quite a bit of eye rolling has been known to occur if I talk about my craft too much..). We live in Canberra, Australia, which is a great place to work and bring up the kids, we love it here. I have a degree in Environmental Science but haven't used it for a long time. My passion is reading and crafting (mostly scrapping but also sewing and knitting) and I spend far too much time on the computer. I have to say I am not the world's best housekeeper but really who has time to scrap AND dust??

I am hoping we start travelling more as the kids get older, but will just dream and follow the lives of crafty friends overseas instead, what a wonderful thing the internet is...
I am looking forward to getting to know everyone involved in Southern Girls, it will be lots of fun.


Hi! My name is Sue. I live in Warkworth, a beautiful little town about 50minutes drive north of Auckland, on a very pretty block of land with a big garden, some native bush and overlooking the Mahurangi River. My DH is the gardener and I am the overseer! LOL! We have three grown up children, 2 sons and a daughter, who have left home and are all settled, two nearby and one in Sydney.

I have always been a craft addict and after years of quilt and bear making I came across scrapbooking when a friend talked me into going to a Creative Memories party. So, now, I not only have a cupboard full of waiting fabric, but a room full of patterned paper, flowers, ribbons etc, etc, etc!!! I love it all!

I love doing a variety of styles in my scrapbooking. I love challenges and I love helping and inspiring others. I am very excited about our new Southern Girls Challenge blog and can’t wait to see everyone’s creations!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Nice to learn more about you both! You have been crafting for ages!!!
Alicia xx