Please do not enter our challenge using Sherri Baldy images. We do not allow these images to be used in projects by our DT for this blog so ask that you do not enter using her images. Entries that do so will be removed. Thanks.

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Introducing & Re-Itnroducing Our DT Lovelies - Day 3

Re-Introducing Kim


My name is Kim and I live in New Zealand. This is my second ‘round’ as a DT member for Southern Girls and I’m thrilled at being able to continue. As you may have seen, I specialize in layouts rather than cards, and love to have lots of colour in my pages. I have a 5yo boy, and he is what I tend to scrap – I reckon by the time he leaves home, he’ll need a truck just to move the albums I’ve made of him. LOL J
I’m a budget type of scrapper – I don’t tend to spend a lot and I’m not really a ‘fashion follower’. I mix things up and tend to find people love or hate my work, including myself! Hopefully, you’ll enjoy some of what I do. I have a busy life and don’t get to scrap too often, so I’ll apologise now for my intermittent postings on my blog. I look forward to seeing the layouts that you all do when you join us in the challenges and hope we can all inspire each other to create!

Introducing Jakki



I’m so excited over being asked to join SGC, and can’t wait to start. I’ve been scrapping since my daughter was born but have been playing with paper and art supplies since I was little. I love mixing colors,textures and patterns in unexpected ways. I can honestly say that there isn’t a color out there I don’t like and I love all things typography. I live in sunny sothern california, close enough to the beach to visit all summer. Oh and there’s a hubby in the mix who told me to get a hobby years ago (he sometimes questions his advice), and one more little guy who I’m lucky enough to spend all day (and night) with along with some furry and featherd friends that make up my busy life . My blog and journal of daily adventures can be found at http://imaginecreateexplore.blogspot.com/ 


Re-Introducing Kazza


Hi, I am Karen aka “Kazza” [there always seems to be another Karen around]. I started playing around with cardstock and pps around 2006 when I decided to put my Europe trip photos into an album. Was NEVER going to get into scrapbooking!!!!! Mmmm….Well I guess if you’re a bit crafty it just doesn’t stop there!! All the beautiful things out there to spend that little bit of money on….and on……Then got on the net and into peoples blogs and so it goes on.
I live in a beautiful wee place an hour from Auckland at the beach with my husband and pussycat “lolly”. I have 2 grown daughters and Carl [2nd time around] has 2 children and 2 grandies which you will see featured in my LO’s.
This is my one and only DT and I love that Lou and Tracy look after us so well. My little blog is: http://scrapakazzy.blogspot.co.nz/ I don’t do a lot on it but it is my challenge this year to up the anti!!


Introducing Tania



Hello! My name is Tania and I live in the north of Brisbane. I have been happily married to my husband for 9 years and have twin 6 year olds Jake and Hannah. Currently I work as a Registered Nurse for Queensland Health, and shift working has allowed me quiet time to do crafting while my babies are at school. I have recently been doing lots of off the page creations and cards, as they are less time consuming than my previous love of cross stitching. My favourite designers are Sarah Kay, Lili of the Valley, Penny Black and Magnolia, but more recently I am finding some awesome digi stamps out there which allow me to get my image on the spot! I love all sorts of crafts and can turn my hand to many things. I feel absolutely blessed that I can work on the DT of SGC, and this is my very first experience doing this! I hope to learn so much more, and hope you can drop by my blog www.angeliccrafter.blogspot.com and leave some kind words. Stay safe, XOX Tania


Re-Introducing Sue U

Hi I'm Sue, and I live in the UK with my Hubby and my boys, James - 10 and Sam - 4.   Crafting is my "me" time that helps me relax after a busy day at work, and helps me ignore the ever present ironing pile :-D

I occasionally scrapbook and do mini books, but I mainly make cards, and I love colouring up a lovely image with my copics and making a unique card to give to someone special.  My favourite embellishment is ribbon, as I think it can make a card look really luxurious, and I love papers as my overflowing paper unit clearly demonstrates!  

My style tends to be more-is-more but I do like to try new techniques and styles, sometimes with mixed results (!!), and I'm quite getting into the distress ink thing lately, although I need to remember to put gloves on, cos I frequently look like a career criminal!!  I also like going back to old techniques and playing around with different ideas, I go with the thought "What's the worst that can happen" quite a bit, although this often ends up with a result I like, but no earthly clue how I got there!!  

I'm absolutely delighted to be staying on with Southern Girls for a second term, and am looking forward to getting to know all the new DT members, and seeing all the gorgeous entries to the challenges from all over the world, they are all so inspirational!  Who knew that when I started crafting 5 years ago that I would now be on DT's, and have met so many new friends, and have managed to persuade several friends to get crafty.

No comments: