Please do not enter our challenge using Sherri Baldy images. We do not allow these images to be used in projects by our DT for this blog so ask that you do not enter using her images. Entries that do so will be removed. Thanks.

Thursday, 31 December 2015

Meet The Design Team - Team Lou

It has been a long while since we have done a formal introduction of the teams
here at SGC so while we are on summer break I thought this was as
good time as any to share a little bit about us all.
We are going to start today with Team Lou
and tomorrow will be the turn of Team Trace
so be sure to check in and "meet" all the team

Hi, I am Louise, one of the founders of Southern Girls. 
I am a stay at home mum to 4 children. I live in New Zealand on a small farm which 
I look after while hubby works to keep me in craft supplies and the kids clothed and fed.
I have been scrapbooking since 2005 when I was pregnant with my oldest son,
I started cards in 2009 and quickly developed a love of digital images and colouring.
I would call my style layered flat if that is a thing, maybe it is just my thing?
I have just started to get my scrap back on and am enjoying 
Art Journalling and Mixed Media too.

I am planning on doing a lot more scrapping and art just for me 
and my family in 2016 and concentrating less on cards, so you 
may be seeing more of my kiddies and I this coming year.
My links are...
Instagram - loulouforsyth

Alicia
I'm a mother of 2 small precious people & a part-time worker. I started scrapbooking in 2005. 
I moved onto digital scrapbooking when my daughter was born in 2007 (& still do!) 
as it was easier, quicker and both grandparents wanted scrap pages too so it was 
easier to do one page digitally & email it to everyone.

I needed to use my paper up so I started playing at card making. I had always admired all those beautiful coloured images in card magazines (Magnolia, La La Land, CC Designs etc) 
so I bought a few stamps & used my kids pencils to start with. Pencils just didn't have the wow factor I was after so I decided to pick up my first Copic in 2011 after visiting a craft fair. 
Then my sister-in-law introduced me to the world of online card making challenges 
late in 2013, so I started my blog then & have not looked back!

Alicia's Blog - MaxiBelleStudio.blogspot.com


My name is Karen Oliver and I live on the outskirts of Auckland.
I am married to Dave and have 15 year old twins Nick and Abbey.
I work at a local primary school teaching students who have English as a second language.
I have been cutting things up for as long as I can remember. I have tried all manner of 
crafts from embroidery to cake decorating and everything in between. 
In more recent years I started playing with paper and haven’t stopped since.
I love cute and layers and am drawn to the shabby hues.  
Its an absolute pleasure and privilege to be part of the Southern Girls Challenge Team.



Kelly
I’m a 40-something mum to two boys, wife to hubby,
fur-mama to Sasha the cat and Angus the dog. 
We live in the Wellington area of New Zealand.
I love watching my boys play rugby in the winter and cricket in the summer.
I have a paper addiction that goes back to when I realised my favourite space in any 
workplace is the stationery cupboard. I’ve been scrapbooking even before I knew what it was – 
but definitely enjoy using the pretty papers and doodads having learnt scrapbooking was
a *thing* close on nine years ago. I began to use the Project Life form when I went back to work. However, I still love 12x12 scrapping. My philosophy is any story or photo documented 
is better than none and I don’t necessarily worry about chronology. I create cards too. 
Often well after they should have been sent. I make a dutch apple tart better than 
my dutch mother-in-law. But shhhh, Hubby said I mustn’t tell anyone!



Hi my name is Alethea, I am a single mother of two boys and I am from Sunbury, Melbourne, Australia. Most of my life I have dabbled in crafty stuff (cross stitch mainly) But while pregnant with my second son I decided to start card making. It started off with just a few stamps some pencils and card stock but now have a cupboard with a couple of thousand dollars worth of crafty goodies... I do like to do OTP stuff but never seem to find the time now that I am working so cards it is.. Sometimes they are CAS and other times I will add loads of embellishments. But either way I usually like what I make. Not much else to say... 
I live a simple life and always see the good in people and most of the time 
have a smile on my face, unless I am woken up before 7am.

Alethea Johnston http://lilodesigns.blogspot.com Single Parents Active Kids


Hi there, I'm Wendy, Wends to my friends, I am known in blogland by the
handle 'Crafty Kiwi Mama', which hints at my homeland, New Zealand. I've always been 
crafty and I've always loved paper craft. When I was newly married, I started making my own Christmas cards and gift cards for friends. I used to find gorgeous images from magazines, cut them out, paste them on a card and using a gold or silver pen, ink a border around it.
I like to think I've grown a little bit in my card designs since then! 

My creative adventures include lots of kids creativity since having my two kiddos.
My hubby helped me reconnect with my creativity after my kiddies were born by encouraging
me to start blogging. I never even knew blogging existed before this! What an 
amazing world opened up for me and I haven't looked back since.

I have served on 5 design teams and remain on 3 currently. I love being part of the
Southern Girls design team and this is a crafty adventure I hope will last a few years yet!
 We have some super fun challenges lined up this year and some amazing sponsors,
so come join us and be part of the Southern Girls crafty adventures.
Thanks for visiting Southern Girls and reading my wee bio.
Hugs, Wends x




Hi, I'm Julie and I've been lucky enough to to be a Southern Girl for quite some time now. 
I keep expecting Lou to tell me to pack my bags but no, I've been invited to stay once again, 
she's a glutton for punishment. I've been a crafter for as long as I can remember,
taking exams in needlework and pottery at school and even training as a 
florist and going on to be a manager. 

I started making cards around 13 years ago, back then I used peel-offs and glaze pens creating 
the simplest of designs that I would now be embarrassed to show. Then around 8 years ago 
I took up Scrapbooking at a new craft shop where I was shown a whole new world, 
die cutting, lovely papers and a new group of friends to share skills and knowledge with.
I then started my blog and was eager to share my ideas with the crafting world. 
Pretty soon after, I joined the Southern Girls and the rest is history.
I have made so many lovely friends from all over the world 
through crafting, it's the friendliest hobby ever. 



Hi There, my name is Vidya and I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of such a
talented team of Southern Girls. I live in bright sunny Brisbane in Australia.
I am happily married to a wonderful man named Kaustubh for 3 years.
I love paper crafting since like forever but got passionate about techniques and skills
around 8 years ago. It started off as a hobby and then the journey took me to taking projects
and tutoring different crafting techniques. I generally love making albums, cards, scrapbooking
and making art journals and I always say a big YES to trying something new.
My style varies from subtle to bold and I believe
"Imagination and Learning is Limitless"

I am excited to start this new crafting adventure with the Southern Girls team and
I really look forward to creating something inspiring for you all. 


10 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely lot of ladies, nice to meet you.x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Excited to have you joining us Annie! x

Maxine D said...

thanks for the introduction - a great team of talent.
Blessings
Maxine

Vidya said...

Awww this is my first DT intro... So excited to work with u all

Vidya said...

Awww this is my first DT intro... So excited to work with u all

aussie aNNie said...

Thanks Wendy and we are gonna rock it.xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Yes we are Annie! Welcome Vidya x

Nancy in Iowa said...

Can't wait for the challenges! What a lovely pair of teams!

Tracy said...

Lou is lucky to have you all on her team... amazing talent ladies

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Thanks Trace! We DO have two AWESOME teams of girlies this year! Woohoo :)